Ever since I was little, I've always made up crazy stories. At one point in elementary school I believed that I was a fairy princess, and my parents were fairies who just hid it really well, and if I did a dance to a certain song at midnight on New Years in front of my parents, I'd get my wings. And I thought was a winter fairy and this guy I didn't really like was a spring fairy. I liked winter best, even back then, and hated it when the snow began to melt - which was of course the fault of the spring fairies. Yeah, crazy, I know, but I was little kid, okay? I ended up sleeping through midnight on New Years that year, and when I tried to do the dance in front of my dad (I didn't actually tell him why I wanted to do it) the next day he just sorta got impatient with me, and I quickly deducted that my theory was totally not true.
I can't remember any stories from the years between then and fifth grade, except possibly my daydreams about being a champion sledder that I came up with whenever I was sledding down the steep hill that our house was on back in Mattawan. It's possible that my brain was too busy believing the lies my "friends" told me that it had no energy for real daydreams. Or maybe I actually had a life. :P But one day in 5th grade, my English teacher started reading the first Harry Potter book to the class, and the following evening I found the paperback in a grocery store while my mom was shopping, and she saw nothing wrong in buying a book for me, and so began my era of HP fanaticism. Believe it or not, there was once a time where I thought the snitch was the sorcerer's (or philosopher's) stone. But it didn't last long. HP and JKR started the first of many rounds of HP-related daydreams.
The first round was something that a lot of people who lived then probably went thru in some form. One part was playing "Books and Other Things" with my friend, where we pretended to be relatives of HP in a store that to muggles was a bookstore but to magical folk was a bit more. The other part was, of course, wondering if/when my Hogwarts letter would come, lol.
The second round was more of thinking up fanfic than imagining myself as part of the story. Never wrote it down, of course. It was basically some crazy version of the final battle between HP and Voldie. I figured that Harry would nearly die, but not quite, cuz he'd be saved by all the victims of Voldemort that he brought back to life. Yeeaah...oh, and in one version, Santa Claus was like, some relative of Dumbledore and he gave them all a ride back to Hogwarts in his sleigh. Honestly that's probably the most plausible part of it, since Dumbledore was just that awesome.
Then there was these stories about what was going on in heaven. I am so not kidding. People were arguing about the title of the seventh book, and I was wondering what James and Lily (and later Cedric and even later Sirius) were doing, and how heaven was structured and whatnot. There was this whole thing about...angels that had been there longer adopting recently arrived angels for a bit, and this whole ordeal about getting their wings and what the color of the wings meant cuz there were different colors...and how bad things were happening even in heaven and there were like, evil spider things in the darker parts that could trap angels in their webs and the web like burned where it touched them...god, I have a sick, sick, mind sometimes...and there was this other thing where like, me and some other people, possibly the trio from the movies, ride up on dragons and, um, I don't remember what we actually did, but we rode up to heaven on dragons, which is pretty cool in itself.
There were also these stories about phoenixes and catlings. The phoenix stories basically revolved around how the birds made their nests in heaven and then an angel or two had to watch over the eggs and chicks until their first flight. There were also stories of my theories of how Dumbledore got Fawkes in the first place, and how Harry would also get a phoenix. The catlings were basically intelligent cats with wings and magical powers hidden in some secret compartment in either one of Dumbledore's rooms or somewhere around the ruins of J&L's house. There was something about owls too, like...oh it was ridiculous whatever it was.
Oh man. I just remembered my first ideas of peoples' true forms, and like, transforming into ridiculously cool awesome creatures. Basically your true form would be something that represented who you really are on the inside, or some such thing. Like, your animal true form would be that animal which was most like what you thought and acted and felt like. Your magical true form would be similar, only it'd be a fantasical creature like a dragon or a griffin or a phoenix - or possibly a catling - or something. And your...well...I'd like to call it your human true form but really it's more than that...like...think of how you are, what you're really like, and think how you could make that visibly obvious, and that's what your "human" true form would look like. It...it's difficult to describe.
There was also some stuff about HP being able to go back in time and stuff, oh, and there was stuff about what would happen if the people in the HP books actually found the HP books since the dates overlap lol - that is, if the kids really did go to school from '91/92 to '97/98, they might've noticed something, since the first book was released in England June 30, 1997...the summer before their 7th year.
At some point, however, I stopped imagining scenarios for fictional characters as much and turned my focus more toward the people and the world around me and future events that might turn into ridiculous hilarious epic adventures. The first round of this was some ridiculous thing involving the marching bands of Mattawan and Saline, the HP trio of actors, and possibly JKR's daughter Jessica...in Disney, in Orlando. Why the bloody hell the British people would be in Florida, I don't know. But whatevs. Of course that didn't happen, I don't even remember what it was supposed to be anymore, but it didn't happen, altho the Mattawan folk were there some of the same time as the Saline folk, which was cool.
By the time all that died down...I actually knew some really cool people. And some interesting things were actually happening in reality, as opposed to just in my head. And so began a new era - I actually started writing things down. Not just a silly journal or diary or a place to rant about how I hated this one teacher who seemed stupid or something...but a recording of what happened in my life. And so began the tales of the purple notebook...which I will talk more about in my next post. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment