It's been a while since I updated this...
The Pool Scene
You know about the balcony scene, right? Romeo stalks Juliet and they're talking to themselves and then start the bird thing and Juliet has to keep telling the nurse to shut up? Good.
So, imagine the back of a mansion, with a big pool, a trellis with a vine on it, a window to Juliet's room, and a sleepy ignorant security guard looking in on this on a TV screen.
Romeo starts to climb down this trellis, then stops as Juliet comes into the scene from a side door. She walks right by him without noticing, chanting her little soliloquy thing. Then he comes up right behind her, TALKING, and she doesn't even notice. Suddenly she does notice him. She freaks out, he tries to catch her, and they both tumble into the pool!
The scene continues with a lot of splashing and many kisses, until the two insane teens [and by insane, I probably mean "obnoxiously horny" but that more innocent and naive Diana probably didn't recognize that or use that sort of language back then...] finally get out of the pool. And that's all I'm going to say on this subject.
[after this line are about 4 mostly blank lines, and in the bottom corner of the page I wrote the following:
TO KEEP READING, TURN THE PAGE. THIS IS A DRAMATIC AND STRATEGIC PAUSE.]
[end of this excerpt]
Next post, whenever I write it, will be pretty frickin' long, and will be the story of Shrek 2.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment