So the crazy flame-wielding, knife-throwing, epically awesome but kinda conflicted child known up to this point only as "TehDemonSpawn" or similar things finally has a name, thanks to some research that could very possibly be deemed as creepy (i.e. looking back at really old posts on a friend's online journal). I believe her name shall be Riley, although it could be Jamie, but of course if I hear other suggestions from legitimate sources that may very well change.
The twin girls who might not actually be twins also may have names although I'm really not sure why. I'd really prefer the twin boys to have names, since then most of the important characters save the adults would have names and I could actually start writing, perhaps. But no, these minor characters (minor now, at least - though I'd like to keep them minor to avoid the clashing of reality that will happen sooner for them than for all the rest of the kids) got names first. Abigail and Sophie, or Suzie, perhaps, were the names that just popped into my head for them recently.
I feel like I'm going to have to actually do research about the boys' names. I mean, if I don't get any suggestions. *hint hint to my one and only listed follower* Research behind names, and the meanings behind them, and whatnot. I suppose I should do that anyway for the adults and some of the other kids I don't have names for yet. I just don't know how the hell I'm going to do that with all this stuff that's going on - job stuff and school stuff and personal stuff and...jeez, there's just never enough time. Probably cuz I waste it all. *sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well, I happen to be nerdy about names. I've been figuring out names for my children since I was probably five. Although I have to say, I've always loved girls names.
ReplyDeleteI would call her "Sophia", instead of the nickname, because the full name is the actual greek word for "wisdom". Which is pretty awesome.
I also like "Desiree" because it means "hoped or desired one". A lot of it depends on the characterization of the person...it can be reflected in the meaning of the name, especially in more epic/fantasy type stories.
For boys, I love "Aric". It means lion...which is obviously strong and brave and all that jazz. It is a much cooler name with the A spelling. A good name for your purposes could be "Alec", because it means "defender of the people". I like "Marcus"...it means warlike.
I also really like Finnish names, but they are kind of weird. Lots of vowels, and they might look out of place.
Oh cool. Thanks for the suggestions. Some of them are quite intriguing. :) What Finnish names do you like? I did a quick search and some of them look okay. And I mean, I'm probably going to have some weird names of places and organizations, so a bit of weirdness is fine...oh! and I'm gonna need some elf names, and those can't be normal at all, lol.
ReplyDelete