So I found a website that actually lists the definition of the name alongside the name in searches so it's really easy to find names I like now. If you're interested, click here.
Recently the name Derek popped into my head, and it's quite possible I might use it somewhere in Enilas. I was originally going to use it for one of the three Zilllet boys I have yet to name, but it's looking like maybe not. See, it means "ruler", and I'm not sure any of them are going to rule over anything. I mean - I guess for the older twin - okay I'm going to warn you right now this post is NOT going to make ANY sense precise because NONE OF THEM HAVE NAMES and it's just really damned annoying. Somehow I picked perfect names for the girls but for the boys I'm clueless, absolutely clueless. Basically one Zill set (yeah, I'm dropping the mystery cuz I'm tired and this is really the only way to explain it) has two twin Zilllettes and a Zilllet and the other set has two twin Zilllets and a Zilllette and I've found names for all the Zilllettes (Sophia and Abigail, and Elizabeth). I like "William" because that means "protector" but I don't know which twin boy to use it for since they both act as protector for the other at some point in the story, sometimes at the same time. Then there's "Owen" which means "young fighter" or "young warrior" but again that applies to both. It would probably apply to the older twin more since he's the one who actually ends up at the equivalent of MSU, which in Enilas is this school of weapons and fighting (along with everything else educational)...and the other one ends up talking to squirrels *cough* ANYWAY...yeah, still puzzling over that.
I also found (on that same site) a wealth of Native American and Celtic names (and also some Finnish and a few Canadian) names that I might use for place names or elf names or fairy names or names for the winged cats and the fire-hound-things and names for their species in general...like there's these things that I've been calling fire foxes in my head just offhand but of course I can't really call them that since Firefox would kill me. And really to be honest they're somewhere between a wolf and a fox. Really they're like, wise old elemental spirits which have taken this form that's like, this wolf-fox thing, only completely fire. And the winged cats which I've been calling catlings are cats with wings...and magical powers and wisdom and all the mystery that cats think they have and sometimes do when they're not just lying around in the sun like a lazy blob.
And now it's 2am, and I am very tired, and I need to get some sleep if I'm going to get up and get to Roswell tomorrow. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment