Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Meaning of Corn

For this crazy sophomore English class, we read a bit of Emerson. Apparently, we read some analogy about corn, and I think we had to write a little paragraph about the meaning of it or something. I was probably trying to do this during lunch, which was a problem because I was probably frequently explaining how no, it wasn't another bit of my crazy stories. However, Casey Long decided to write his own response to the section of literature...

Corn is life. Man's corn is his corn. Without that corn you're nothing. The man wants your corn. Don't give him the corn. I want your corn, but don't give me your corn. Keep your corn for yourself. With that corn you can do anything, but the man don't want you to know that. You can stop the man with your corn, but he doesn't want you to know that. So protect your corn, because your corn is your corn. And no one can take your corn. Harness your corn's power. Yell out, "I have the corn." And you will own great power with your corn. Do not take others' corn though, because their corn will corrupt you. So use your corn, and no one else's corn.
~by Casey Long, on an Emerson analogy

I will start posting stuff from the actual notebooks soon, very soon, I swear. They're sitting right next to me, in a loose pile, loose because the edges of some of the pages are quite tattered and worn. (the purple notebook, in fact, is really just a pile of pages and a cover at this point)

But to tide you over, here are some scribbles at the top and along the sides of some of the pages:
  • William Shakespeare
  • the Cult
  • Shrek 2
  • U of M concert
  • Holden
  • DOTS
  • mandolin
  • the Zills
  • Shut up, David!
  • CUDDLING!!!
  • Bohemian Rhapsody
"Joey is the one that will plan the destruction of the earth, and Kyle is the one who will actually destruct the earth." ~Katelyn Jahnke

"Oh, my sweet band nerd..."

"Mama - COMMA - just killed a man"

" 'Go, Romeo; Comfort Juliet' COMFORT? HAH!"

...yeah. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment