However, it's going to take me a while to get the remnants of the purple notebook back in order, so here's some quotes from sophomore year.
Fun phrases: silently spazzing, hormone-encouraged, subtle snuggling, quietly cuddling
"Hermit crabs are hilarious." ~Kyle Zill, 10/22/04
(accusingly and dramatically) "LIES!!!" ~Moriah Grooms and Angela Ghunheim
"Thou shalt not commit adultery or thou shalt forfeit one buttcheek. This shalt make hardship upon sitting." ~The Revised Commandments, 10/25/04 - I really wish I remembered where these came from.
"What is a Zill, and what does it want with my daughter?" ~my dad
"He's a butt." ~Kitty, referring to Kyle Zill, 10/10/04
"Thou shalt honor thy father and thy mother or thou shalt have an anvil dropped upon thine head such like yon Wile E. Coyote. Much like yon episode with...thou art getting off topic." ~The Revised Commandments, 10/10/04
We're at the Wind Ensemble concert, sitting in the 2nd balcony. Brodie reads a speech or poem or something a little too overdramatically. It's supposed to be an excerpt from Moby Dick, but we (that is, the Zills, Kitty, Grace, Debbie, me, and some other guy) were all cracking up too much to hear what he said.
Kitty: "I need to get his taint off me! I need a new guy!"
Kyle: "You need a new stalker." (gets up and sits RIGHT BEHIND her)
Kitty: "What are you doing?"
Kyle: (with evil tone) "I'm stalking you."
(10/25/04)
"Heeeeeeeere Zilly-zilly-zilly-zilly-zilly. Here Zilly, Zilly. Here Zilly. Where are they? ~Kitty and me, stalking the Zills between concerts, 10/25/04
"Ooooooooooh. Is this more hormonal head-rubbing?" ~David Rhine, as Kelsey grabs the newest part of the story - and by story I mean the latest tales of the purple notebook, 10/25/04
"Hitler wasn't a bad guy. He was just crazy." ~Angela Ghunheim
Angela Wharton: "You are a hoebag."
Joey Zill: "I prefer to be called slut bucket."
"SCRABBLE"
"Yours is the instrument of the hunt and war. Death in general." ~Lampman, to the horns
"You are encroaching on the donut! DONUT! DO-FREAKING-NUT!" ~the last two were definitely Joey Zill, but I can't remember whether he or Katey Jahnke said the first sentence. either way, it was at the Saline Rec Center lock-in, at some ridiculous hour of the morning, and we were playing ERS.
"Does anyone have oompa oompa cues at B?" ~probably Lampman
I look forward to torturing people with the contents of the notebooks once I get the pages sorted out. Please note, as you read the posts, that this was way way WAY back, when we were still in high school, Kitty still dated boys, Joey was dating Katey, Kyle didn't have a girl (with the exception of a short time with Kelsey) but did have an unofficial "fan club" of which I suppose you could say I was a member, I was convinced I was doomed to always be surrounded by cuddling people and never have a boy, and I was just starting to become a true band nerd and actually befriend some of these crazy people I hung around all the time. Oh, and Hazmat hadn't happened yet. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment