Zill: n. one of two twins; both are light-haired, tall, and a little on the strange side; Kyle Thomas, known as Kyle, or Joseph Charles, known as Joey [is it sad that I can remember their middle names off the top of my head, or scary?]; they are also obsessed with Bohemian Rhapsody [and I could write a ton more about instruments and stuff, and I still have those quizzes that were at their grad party lol, but no. Moving on.]Although both Zills are in marching band, I didn't know them until this English class. It was during this class and lunch that I worked out the differences between the two. Kyle usually wears his hair longer, his hair is darker, and he has some facial hair. Joey usually wears his hair shorter, his hair is lighter, and he has a random [really light] blond spot on one side of his head.
Many of these tales have the Zills in them. The most memorable to me has to be the tale of Shrek 2 [or possibly U-M Symphony Band Concert lol]. But the first is this one.
Bohemian Rhapsody
The Zills are obsessed with the Queen song "Bohemian Rhapsody." They know it by heart. They sang it on the way back from the U of M concert last year - no, wait, it was Festival - or was it? It was festival, marching band festival, because Joey was sitting next to Katelyn after the U of M thing, not in the very back where I remember them singing. Or it could've been after EMU. [for some reason our opening football game was at the EMU stadium. curse those college hashes. they always promised they'd have the high school ones on the field, but they never did...]
Perhaps that's it. Anyways.
One of the first units in English was poetry. For each marking period [grading period, 9 weeks long I believe], each student was required to do one O.R., or oral report. During the poetry unit, Mr. Smith gave us the option of doing an O.R. on a favorite poem or favorite song, as long as we told a bit about it and why it was our favorite and what sort of poetry terms were illustrated in it and stuff. Well, of course, one or both of the Zills (I can't quite remember, I can't tell you which one either if it was one because I hadn't figured out the differences yet [after much deliberation among my lunch table-mates while reading this in sophomore year we figured out that it was Kyle and a guy named Kelly]) took advantage of this and did a report on "Bohemian Rhapsody", as well as some deathy song by CKY or something (I think). They didn't really get a good grade on it, since both songs were very strange, both were a bit hard to explain, and Mr. Smith was doing most of the talking. But it was fun for the class and it reminded me that "BR" is a totally awesome song so until some time in July or August 2004, when I finally gave in at the mall, I was convinced that I needed to buy the CD (Classic Queen). Ever since the malling trip, of course, I've listened to it quite often and I might be able to sing it (if I had the courage and trusted my voice and ability). I've written the lyrics so far as I can tell, and the only person that knows I've become obsessed with it (that I know of) is Kat. [Funny that I call her Kat in here. I wonder when I started calling her Kitty, since that's what I call her now.] I'll introduce her, I think.
Next post will be pt. 3, which will include the introduction of Kat and possibly Romeo and Juliet.

No comments:
Post a Comment